Canning is preserving food by sealing it in airtight containers. The following is the process of canning pork:
- First step will be to wash the piece of the pork you want to can. After washing the pork you slice it into cubes and make sure its very clean.
- Place the pork cubes in the canning jars.
- Add half tea spoon of non-iodized salt (canning salt) to the pork.
- Make sure that the can rings are very clean then cover the cans with air tight lids.
- Put the canning jars insider a caner having water plus vinegar and make sure the water is above the lids
- Cover the caner and let it cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes put a weight on the steam outlet and keep an eye on the pressure gauge and make sure it does not drop below 11 pounds.
- When the pressure is down open your caner but make sure you are far away from direct steam.
- Finally remove the jars from the caner, wait for them to cool then clean them.
In conclusion, canning is a very easy process which everyone can do on their own. One can buy books or watch more videos example of “how to can (pork) a must have SHTF skills” on Youtube.