Preppers! Don’t Get Hamburger Feet! Foot Care Tips for Post Apocalyptic SHTF Trekking
Foot Care Tips for any Post SHTF Event Hiking Journey:
1. Keep your feet dry.
2. Keep feet warm ( use charcoal hand warmers in shoes to prevent frost bite)
3. Treat all irritations immediately – don’t wait.
4. Trim nails well and correctly ( straight across with rounded corners)
5. Treat dry cracked heels – these will only get worse
6. Treat fungal infections, athletes foot etc.
7. Get any ingrown toe nails fixed now before SHTF event.
8. Have on hand, foot powder, anti fungal cream/powder, triple antibiotic ointment, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree healing balm, foot care tools and lots of bandages of all sizes, and moleskin to reduce friction.
Happy trekking on your post apocalyptic journey after any SHTF event! Keep your feet healthy and you just might make it. Many great warriors have been hobbled by a tiny blister but let this not be you! Don’t ever get hamburger feet!